Monday, November 03, 2008

Radio Rally


Radio Rally pictures are a bit rare, I never took any pictures myself even though I must have been to hundreds over the years. The picture above is from the Bolton Rally at Silverwell St.
This was one of my favourites as I have had a stand of my own a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The Radio Rally back in the 70's, 80's and even 90's were the place to go to get all your bits and components you needed to build your projects. Wear your badge and meet other radio amateurs as well as having a pint or two!After Silverwell Street sports centre shut down the rally moved to Horwich Leisure Centre, not quite the same, but still good.Alas, rallies are not what it was, last year I went to one and was totally disapointed, no atmosphere, few dealers, cold and wish I hadn't bothered!

Looking back though... some great rallies:

The highlight was Leicester at the Granby Halls. (without doubt!)

Drayton Manor (Brilliant Rally!)

Bolton Rally at Silverwell Street.

Bury Rally at the Castle Leisure Centre.

Preston Rally at the T.A. on Deepdale Rd. (My first ever rally!)

Tamworth Rally (in the shopping centre)

No comments: