Friday, March 11, 2011

Android


Last week I decided to buy a new mobile phone...a Smart Phone!

For years I have struggled to send text messages with the silly numeric keyboard on my present phones...too many menus...to many button presses! I can send morse code quicker, why have analogue technology on a mobile phone!

then...along comes ANDROID!

OMG...this technology is amazing!

Soooo simple to use, touch screen, internet, e-mail thousands of apps!! Suddenly I feel like I am in the 21st century! I can text, e mail, facebook, twitter, blog...like having a PC in my pocket.

Well done Samsung, a quality smart phone at a super price...I could even update this blog on my phone if I wanted to...cool!

So what is ANDROID?
The Android open-source software stack consists of Java applications running on a Java-based, object-oriented application framework on top of Java core libraries running on a Dalvik virtual machine featuring JIT compilation. Libraries written in C include the surface manager, OpenCore[21] media framework, SQLite relational database management system, OpenGL ES 2.0 3D graphics API, WebKit layout engine, SGL graphics engine, SSL, and Bionic libc. The Android operating system consists of 12 million lines of code including 3 million lines of XML, 2.8 million lines of C, 2.1 million lines of Java, and 1.75 million lines of C++.[22]
If you can make sense of this you are definately a Digital Native! I understand most of this ...but... what happens if you type in 12 million lines of code and you make a typing error?

No comments: